Our New Story

 My sweet babies, I am gathering my thoughts for our call tomorrow evening.  Every Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. I call you guys.  The calls are pretty dry.  You guys say "Hi and that's all we're saying." And then I talk to you for exactly 3 minutes at which time Ruby says we're hanging up now.  And I say "Bye I love you!" as fast as I can so you'll hear me before you hang up.  It's so strange to me that this is even happening. It's been hard to adjust to this.  I don't think I ever will.  We are meant to be together because I am your mom and you need me and I love you.  But I do accept that at this particular time, we are not together.  It's not my choice but I accept that this is how it is right now.  This week I decided that I need to figure out a better way to process my feelings about this separation.  I have been waking up heavy hearted every day for months about this situation but it's not helping anyone.  I have to let go of the weight of this situation and stop blaming myself.  I am practicing trusting more so that I can give it to God and stop agonizing every minute.  I realized tonight that our old story is dead.  We need a new story.  Who would want that old one any way?  I was not a strong lead.  I was weak in a sick relationship that was draining me and compromising my worth.  My babies, you need a strong Mommy and I am becoming that for you.  And for myself.  I am growing and healing, recovering from all the years of living a life that didn't have room for me.  I am so grateful to be free from that life and to have this opportunity to make a new life for myself and for you guys.  I'm sorry you haven't ever known me without the effects of the sick relationship.  I promise you  when we get to be together again, you will be getting a new and improved Mommy.  It will still be me, but better.  More patient and calm.  More tolerant and less agitated.  I'm sorry I let myself get so weak before.  I am trusting that our time together will come.  I am trusting God's timing.  I will keep doing all the things the court tells me to.  Right now I am working hard to make the money to pay for the evaluation the court has asked me to get.  It will cost $5,600.  It will take me about 3 months to save that much money.  The good news is, after the evaluation, I will have scientific proof that I am fit to be your mom and no one will ever be able to take that away.  I am mentally sound and it will be very clear in this evaluation.  It will most certainly become clear to the court as well that this is parental alienation and I am hopeful that the judge will restore my time with you as soon as he reads this report.  I am not crazy.  I was suffering in that old story.  I acted in ways I regret.  Those behaviors do not define me.  I am stable now because I am not being abused.  God is blessing me.  I work in an amazing spa with a wonderful team of coworkers.  I am paid well.  Soon, I will be able to save the money for a house, after I pay for the psych evaluation.  In one year I plan to have a house for us.  And this summer we will go to Montana all together to have a beautiful experience out of the heat and in a gorgeous environment where we can bond again and heal from this separation.  My little beings, I love you so much.  I dream of holding you, kissing your heads, smelling your hair, caressing your little faces.  My heart will always be open to you.  Always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ice is Starting to Melt

Trusting we will be together again soon

A mother’s love is eternal